FREMONT, Calif. − Feb. 6, 2018 − Mercury Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: MRCY, www.mrcy.com) today announced HDslim, a new sub-rack form factor for its RES High Density (RES-HD) server product line. Less than ten inches wide and twenty inches deep, the first 4U HDslim chassis is available this month – delivering high density computing, storage, and networking to mobile tactical environments.
“The HDslim form factor addresses a growing market need for small and light enterprise class information technology,” stated Michael Schneider, Vice President of Mercury’s Trusted Mission Solutions group (formerly Themis Computer). “It can accompany operators wherever they go and however they may travel.”
HDslim 4U Highlights
- Minimum Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP): Only 9.9” (25.1cm) wide, 20” (52.6 cm) deep, and 4U high (17.5 cm) high, the HDslim can be carried aboard commercial airliners, aircrafts, and vehicles with ease. The system can be powered by two 1200W AC, two 1100W 48V DC, or two 800W 28V DC power supplies. Typical system weight is 40lbs.
- Rugged High Density Storage: The system can accommodate up to 264TB of storage with 24 direct attached HDD/SSD drives. With double the compute density, the HDslim enables a 50% savings in rack space and reduces system weight by 50%.
- Composable Configuration: The HDslim accommodates existing and upcoming rear I/O RES-HD modules. With six processor, storage, high-speed switch, global fabric extension, and system management modules, users are able to configure and reconfigure the system according to application needs.
- Maintenance made Simple: Rather than removing and opening up the entire server – simply “plug and pull” modules during technology maintenance or upgrades. Modules themselves can be mixed and matched – reducing costs associated with spares.
- Enhanced Reliability: HDslim is designed to operate from 0°C to +50°C, with greater temperature extremes available for special configurations. Advanced thermal and mechanical design features deliver superior resilience to shock, vibration, dust, sand, and temperature extremes. The system meets MIL-STD-810G specifications.
Live HDslim 4U product demonstrations will be held this week at Mercury’s Booth #1303 at the AFCEA West Conference in San Diego, Calif. Learn more at Themis.com/hd.
Mercury Systems – Innovation That Matters™
Mercury Systems (NASDAQ:MRCY) is a leading commercial provider of secure sensor and safety-critical processing subsystems. Optimized for customer and mission success, Mercury’s solutions power a wide variety of critical defense and intelligence programs. Headquartered in Andover, Mass., Mercury is pioneering a next-generation defense electronics business model specifically designed to meet the industry’s current and emerging technology needs. To learn more, visit www.mrcy.com.