New Albany, IN:Samtec Inc., a privately held $822 MM global manufacturer of a broad line of electronic interconnect solutions, and Credo, a global innovation leader in high performance, low power connectivity solutions for 100 Gbps, 200 Gbps, 400 Gbps, and 800 Gbps port enabled networks, proudly announce the global premiere of a 56 Gbps PAM4 Active Product Demonstrator at DesignCon 2019 Booth 737. DesignCon 2019 is taking place January 29 – 31 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
The 56 Gbps PAM4 Active Product Demonstrator combines Samtec’s comprehensive portfolio of high-performance interconnect in a typical data center chassis application with Credo’s production retimer devices featuring the industry’s lowest power, mixed-signal 56 Gbps PAM4 SerDes technology. The system includes more than 100 channels of 56 Gbps PAM4 data offering 5.8 Tbps aggregate throughput.
Samtec Products featured in the 56 Gbps PAM4 Active Product Demonstrator include:
- ExaMAX® High-Speed Backplane System: The Samtec ExaMAX Backplane System enables 56 Gbps electrical performance on 2.00 mm column pitch and meets industry specifications such as PCI Express®, Intel OPI and UPI, SAS, SATA, Fibre Channel, Infini Band™ and Ethernet. Its compact design allows designers to optimize density or minimize board layer count.
- Double Density Flyover QSFP28 Cable System: Samtec’s Flyover QSFP Systems provide improved signal integrity and architectural flexibility by routing critical high-speed signals over lossy PCB materials and directly to the panel via ultra low skew twinax cable.
- 0.635 mm AcceleRate® Slim Body Cable Assembly: Samtec’s AcceleRate Cable Assembly is the slimmest in the industry with a 7.6 mm body width ideal for closer proximity to the IC. The high-density 2-row design features 8 and 16 pair configurations on a 0.635 mm pitch for up to 92 pairs per square inch.
- AcceleRate® Ultra-Dense, Multi-Row Mezzanine Strips: The Samtec Accelerate Mezzanine Strips features high-speed Edge Rate® contacts designed for high-speed, high-cycle applications.
Credo Products featured in the 56Gbps PAM4 Active Product Demonstrator include:
- 56Gbps Retimer, Gearbox Family: The Credo retimer and gearbox family enables robust, low power, end-to-end signaling for 56Gbps single lane rate enabled platforms. All family members are manufactured in 28 nm process technology and are shipping in volume production. The family members are as follows:
- CRT5028: 400G full duplex retimer (8 x 56 Gbps)
- CRT50216: 800G full duplex retimer (16 x 56 Gbps)
- CMX42550KP: 400G forward / reverse gearbox (16 x 28 Gbps to 8 x 56 Gbps)
- For more information on Credo’s connectivity solutions, please visit www.credosemi.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Samtec, Inc.:
Founded in 1976, Samtec is a privately held, $822 MM global manufacturer of a broad line of electronic interconnect solutions, including High-Speed Board-to-Board, High-Speed Cables, Mid-Board and Panel Optics, Precision RF, Flexible Stacking, and Micro/Rugged components and cables. With 40+ location severing approximately 125 countries, Samtec’s global presence enables its unmatched customer service. For more information, please visit http://www.samtec.com.
DesignCon is the world’s premier conference for chip, board and systems design engineers in the high-speed communications and semiconductor communities. DesignCon, created by engineers for engineers, takes place annually in Silicon Valley and remains the largest gathering of chip, board and systems designers in the country. This three-day technical conference and two-day expo combines technical paper sessions, tutorials, industry panels, product demos and exhibits from the industry’s leading experts and solutions providers. More information is available at: www.designcon.com, DesignCon is organized by UBM, which in June 2018 combined with Informa PLC to become a leading B2B information services group and the largest B2B Events organizer in the world. To learn more and for the latest news and information, visit www.ubm.com and www.informa.com.