San Diego, California – October 9, 2019 – Altium is extending its lead in PCB design by announcing the newest version of Altium Designer, the software chosen by more professional PCB designers and engineers than any other ECAD software.
Altium Designer provides a complete software environment for the design and realization of Printed Circuit Boards. The latest release, Altium Designer 20, extends its dominance in printed circuit board design with major upgrades to the software’s unified design environment, user experience, and world-class PCB design capabilities.
Designing as an individual, or working within a team, users are able to design boards without limits – from simple to complex; from single PCB to multi-board systems; from low frequency to high-speed; from logical design all the way to physical board and bill of materials. In this single tool, users can create schematics and PCB layouts, run circuit simulations, select electronics components and source them from various manufacturers, and document their designs for manufacturing.
“Altium Designer 20 is a game changer for PCB design,” said Sergey Kostinsky, CTO of Altium. “This release includes user-driven improvements and advanced capabilities that leapfrog the competition.”
Advancements in the latest release include:
- Best in class interactive routing – new “push & shove’’ capabilities enable routing of complex HDI boards and speed-up design times by over 20%, even for simple printed circuit boards.
- New high-speed PCB routing capabilities – new advanced routing enables users to efficiently design high density and high-speed boards that utilize DDR3/4/5, 100 GBit ethernet and SerDes PCIe 4.0/5.0.
- Industry leading multi-board design – the latest release leverages ActiveBOMTM capabilities, including supplier search, BOM rule checking, and live part choices, for multi-board assemblies. Users can also export 3D PDF files of the multi-board assembly allowing collaborators to view and manipulate 3D assemblies.
- New high-voltage design capabilities – for applications where high-voltage design is critical (e.g. spacecraft, high-altitude aircraft, and high-tech lasers), AD20 provides new creepage rules that help maintain high-voltage clearances across the PCB surfaces for prevention of electrical arcing hazards for power supply and mixed-signal device designs.
- Enhanced user experience – faster, dynamic compilation of data across schematic, layout, BOM generation, design documentation, and other elements of Altium Designer’s unified design paradigm dramatically improve user productivity.
- User-driven quality improvements – AD20 boasts over 200 enhancements suggested by Altium Designer users.
Altium Designer 20 will be available to customers in the fourth quarter of 2019. For the latest information see https://www.altium.com/altium-designer/
Altium LLC (ASX:ALU), a global software company based in San Diego, California, is accelerating the pace of innovation through electronics. From individual inventors to multinational corporations, more PCB designers and engineers choose Altium software to design and realize electronics-based products.
The growing demand for smart and connected products is driving advancements in electronics technology. Design trends are demonstrating the need for minimizing power, reducing package size and energy consumption, and prioritizing high-speed design. For over 30 years, Altium has been delivering software that maximizes the productivity of PCB designers and electrical engineers, from idea to board. Users are at the center of Altium’s R&D and business operations. With its unique Business-to-User approach, Altium is focused on developing software that is easy to use and implement, with solutions that enable innovation and deliver industry-leading user productivity.
Products include Altium Designer®, Altium Concord Pro™, Altium 365®, Altium NEXUS®, CircuitMaker®, CircuitStudio®, Octopart®, and TASKING®. To learn more about Altium, visit www.altium.com.