STMicroelectronics Powers Next-Generation IoT Devices with Higher-Performing Multiprotocol Bluetooth® & 802.15.4 System-on-Chip
- Fusion of 32-bit ultra-low-power microcontroller and highly integrated Bluetooth 5 (BLE) and IEEE 802.15.4 radio creates high-performing wireless platform for feature-rich smart connected objects
- Dual Arm® Cortex®-M cores individually dedicated to device operation and wireless communication ensure smoother user experience
- Compatibility with proven STM32 ecosystem brings developer advantages and faster time to market
Geneva, February 22, 2018 – Powering the next … Read More → "STMicroelectronics Powers Next-Generation IoT Devices with Higher-Performing Multiprotocol Bluetooth® & 802.15.4 System-on-Chip"
CEVA Introduces PentaG™ – A Comprehensive 5G New Radio Enhanced Mobile Broadband IP Platform for Smartphones, Fixed Wireless Access and Embedded Devices
- 3GPP Rel-15 compliant platform lowers high entry barriers for 5G modem design, with fast time-to-market and minimal risk
- Composed of combination of special purpose DSPs and specialized acceleration co-processors, delivering up to 8x performance improvement for 5G functions compared to conventional approaches
- Incorporates an innovative AI processor using machine learning techniques to achieve optimal modem throughput
- Modular platform architecture allows customers to combine incumbent technologies together with PentaG modules, to tailor design to their specific enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB) use case
GENEVA, Feb. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Ellisys, a leading worldwide provider of Bluetooth®, Wi-Fi®, and Universal Serial Bus (USB) protocol test, analysis, and qualification solutions, today announced a major addition to its feature support for the recently released Bluetooth Mesh Networking specifications on its industry-leading Bluetooth all-in-one protocol analysis platforms. This added support provides timely updates to the company’s widely deployed Bluetooth Explorer™ and Bluetooth Tracker™ products and includes specialized analytical and performance characterizations of mesh network profiles, properties, security and privacy mechanisms, and system operation. Mesh networking is a many-to-many (m:m) range extension … Read More → "Ellisys Increases Support for Bluetooth® Mesh Networking on Protocol Solutions"
Chicago, February 22, 2018 – Newark element14, the Development Distributor, is helping KidsCode Jeunesse roll out 100,000 micro:bits across … Read More → "Newark element14 to deliver 100,000 micro:bits to teach Canadian Children to Code"
DALLAS (Feb. 23, 2018) – Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced two new 4-V to 36-V power modules that measure just 3.0 mm by 3.8 mm and require only two external components for operation. The 0.5-A LMZM23600 and 1-A LMZM23601 DC/DC step-down converters achieve up to 92 percent efficiency, which minimizes energy loss, and feature tiny MicroSiP™ packaging that shrinks board space by up to 58 percent. The converters expand TI’s power module portfolio to address up to 1-A performance-driven, space-constrained … Read More → "Industry’s smallest 36-V, 1-A DC/DC step-down power module shrinks board space by up to 58 percent"
- 200 MS/sec to 3.6 GS/sec ultra-wideband RF/IF inputs
- Real-time aggregate recording rates up to 4 GB/sec
- SSD RAID storage capacity up to 30.7 TB using NTFS files *Small form factor 17-pound chassis
UPPER SADDLE RIVER, NJ ─ Pentek, Inc., today announced the Talon® RTR 254x series, a new high performance small form factor (SFF) recorder product line for analog RF/IF signals. Optimized for SWaP (size, weight and power), the Pentek Talon RTR SFF product line provides the performance and storage capacity previously only possible in much larger rack-mountable products. Measuring 5.25″ H … Read More → "Pentek Announces Talon Rugged Small Form Factor RF/IF Recorders Optimized for SWaP"
- Product supports 4×4 MIMO and inter and intra-band Uplink carrier aggregation (CA) to enhance data speeds particularly for Enterprise networking and Video surveillance like applications
- Support for band 14 for U.S. first responder network public safety products and brand-new life-saving applications
- Support for Citizens Broadband Radio System (CBRS) and License Assisted Access (LAA) enhance performance inside campuses, small cells and buildings utilizing the technology to augment cellular service
London, February 22, 2018 – Telit, a global enabler of the Internet of Things (IoT), today announced the LM960, world’s first global … Read More → "Telit Announces World’s Fastest Mobile Data Product, First 1Gbps-class LTE Mini PCIe Card"
IAR Systems enables high-performance machine learning based on latest neural network library from Arm
Uppsala, Sweden—February 23, 2018—IAR Systems®, the future-proof supplier of software tools and services for embedded development, has added support for CMSIS-NN, Arm®’s new neural network kernels. The support is available for developers using the latest version of IAR Embedded Workbench® for Arm.
The Arm Cortex® Microcontroller Software Interface Standard (CMSIS) provides a single, scalable interface standard across all Arm Cortex-M® series processor vendors, simplifying software reuse, reducing the learning curve for microcontroller developers, and reducing the time to market for new devices. The CMSIS-NN … Read More → "IAR Systems enables high-performance machine learning based on latest neural network library from Arm"
LONDON, UK, 23 February, 2018 – RS Components (RS), the trading brand of Electrocomponents plc (LSE:ECM), the global distributor for engineers, has announced the launch of two new products from leading test and measurement company Aim-TTi (Thurlby Thandar Instruments). The TGF3000 series of function/arbitrary generators ( Read More → "RS Components introduces class-leading function/arbitrary generators for test and design engineers"