Wirral, U.K. – May 15, 2019 – LDRA, the leader in standards compliance, automated software verification, software code analysis, and test tools, has announced that the company is bringing its popular three-day software-development public training courses to multiple US locations. The LDRA tool suite Training Course is scheduled for June 18–20 in San Jose, Calif., and June 25-27 in Huntsville, Ala. Additional locations are being added on-demand, with the next courses planned for Boston, Mass., and Dallas, Texas. The training courses support the requirements of software development and verification teams by teaching best practices and use of the LDRA tool suite for delivering safe and secure applications under functional safety and security standards in critical software markets.
Through the company’s growing education portfolio, LDRA aims to provide software, quality, and test engineers with a thorough understanding of advanced testing methodologies and the requirements and constraints associated with developing applications for compliance with industry-specific standards such as DO-178C and DO-278 in avionics, ISO 26262 in automotive, IEC 61508 in industrial safety, and IEC 62304 in medical devices.
“LDRA supports the enforcement of rigorous software standards that ensure the safety and security of software-based electronics systems,” said Ian Hennell, Operations Director, LDRA. “We are offering these three-day intensive, hands-on training courses to help companies and their project teams throughout the entire software development cycle. Attendees will learn to effectively use the LDRA tool suite to design high-performing, critical systems that are safe, secure, and threat resistant.”
The LDRA tool suite Training Course includes instruction on:
- Code Review – Apply static analysis to source code, e.g., MISRA C/C++ and Custom Coding Rules.
- Quality Review – Analyze source code complexity, testability, maintainability, and clarity.
- Design Review – Analyze as-built designs using control and data flow analysis.
- Test Verification – Perform dynamic analysis and measure code coverage in accordance with industry-specific standards compliance (e.g., DO-178C, ISO 26262, IEC 61508, and IEC 62304).
- Unit Testing – Create and run unit tests, regress tests; automate stub creation; cope with code changes; run a white box test; maintain and document unit tests.
- Deployment on host and target systems
For more than 40 years, LDRA has developed and driven the market for software that automates code analysis and software testing for safety-, mission-, security-, and business-critical markets. Working with clients to achieve early error identification and full compliance with industry standards, LDRA traces requirements from static and dynamic analysis to unit testing and verification for a wide variety of hardware and software platforms. Boasting a worldwide presence, LDRA has direct offices throughout the globe, including the UK, United States, Germany, and India, coupled with an extensive distributor network. For more information on the LDRA tool suite, please visit www.ldra.com.