Uppsala, Sweden and Cambridge, UK—October 9, 2018—IAR Systems®, the future-proof supplier of software tools and services for embedded development, and Secure Thingz, a global domain expert in device security, embedded systems and lifecycle management, will present the companies’ shared vision of building a secure and sustainable future for connected devices, as part of their participation at Arm TechCon 2018. Arm TechCon 2018 will take place October 16-18 at San Jose Convention Center in San Jose, California.
In booth 720 on Wednesday, Oct 17, 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM and Thursday, Oct 18, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM, IAR Systems’ CEO Stefan Skarin and Secure Thingz’ CEO Haydn Povey will meet attendees and talk about their vision.
“IoT security needs to be straightforward, scalable and sustainable,” says Haydn Povey, CEO, Secure Thingz. ”Secure Thingz and IAR Systems have outlined a vision with a number of fundamental beliefs for helping our customers to secure intellectual assets, accelerate trustworthy product delivery and add value and services.”
“IAR Systems and Secure Thingz are working together to make superior security available for all by leveraging our respective heritages and technological leadership,” says Stefan Skarin, CEO, IAR Systems. “We are really looking forward to sharing and discussing this vision with the Arm TechCon attendees.”
Secure Thingz’ CEO Haydn Povey will also be at the following panel discussions and conference tracks about security:
- Wednesday, Oct 17, 3:30 PM – 4:20 PM: Working Together to Secure the Internet of Things
- Thursday, Oct 18, 9:00 AM – 9:50 AM: Specifying and Certifying Hardware Suitable for Secure, Arm-based IoT Applications
- Thursday, Oct 18, 4:30 PM – 5:20 PM: A More Secure IoT: Fact or Fake News?
In addition, the companies will present technical tracks focused on code quality, debugging and security during IAR Systems’ Mini Dev Boot Camp, in seminar room 210C. The schedule will be the same on Wednesday, Oct 17, and Thursday, Oct 18:
- 11:30 AM – 12:20 PM: Future-proofing your code, Shawn Prestridge, Senior FAE, IAR Systems
- 1:30 PM – 2:20 PM: Debugging complex applications in the most efficient way, Aaron Bauch, FAE, IAR Systems
- 2:30 PM – 3:20 PM: Battling the security challenges of next-generation product development, Haydn Povey, CEO, Secure Thingz
- 3:30 PM – 4:20 PM: Understanding the principles of a secure development workflow, Shawn Prestridge, Senior FAE, IAR Systems & Chris Jones, FAE, Secure Thingz
- 4:30 PM – 5:20 PM: Securing the world by starting with your application, Shawn Prestridge, Senior FAE, IAR Systems & Rafael Taubinger, Global FAE Manager, IAR Systems
About IAR Systems
IAR Systems supplies future-proof software tools and services for embedded development, enabling companies worldwide to create the products of today and the innovations of tomorrow. Since 1983, IAR Systems’ solutions have ensured quality, reliability and efficiency in the development of over one million embedded applications. The company is headquartered in Uppsala, Sweden and has sales and support offices all over the world. Since 2018, Secure Thingz, a provider of advanced security solutions for embedded systems in the IoT, is part of IAR Systems. IAR Systems Group AB is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm, Mid Cap. Learn more at www.iar.com.
About Secure Thingz
Secure Thingz, Inc. is the global domain expert in device security, embedded systems, and lifecycle management. Since 2018, the company is part of IAR Systems, the future-proof supplier and software tools for embedded development. Secure Thingz is focused on delivering advanced security solutions into the emerging industrial Internet of Things, critical infrastructure, automotive and other markets. The Secure Deploy™ architecture has been developed to solve the major security issues challenging the IoT. Secure Thingz solutions ensure a cost-efficient root of trust in low-cost microcontrollers to deliver a core set of critical services through the product lifecycle, alongside secure deployment, production and update infrastructure. Secure Thingz is a founding member and Executive Board member of the Internet of Things Security Foundation (www.iotsecurityfoundation.org