March 22, 2023—Wilmington, Mass.–Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) introduced today a super low noise dual output DC/DC μModule regulator with patented silicon, layout, and packaging innovations. Operating from up to 40 V input, the LTM8080’s front-end is a high efficiency synchronous Silent Switcher® step-down regulator followed by two separate low noise, low dropout (LDO) regulators. To further suppress switching noise, the LTM8080’s packaging integrates an EMI barrier wall or shield. The result is exceptional low noise values of <1 µVRMS (10 Hz to 100 kHz), 2 nV/√Hz (10 kH) spot noise, and 80 dB PSRR (100 kHz). Compared to discrete solutions without an EMI shield, the LTM8080 reduces output ripple voltage by up to 70% for a simplified and quiet design. The LTM8080 is specifically designed to power digital loads that are susceptible to switching regulator noise such as data converters, RF transmitters, FPGA I/O and clock, op amps, transceivers, and medical scanners.
- Download data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: https://www.analog.com/LTM8080
- Watch a video to learn more about the LTM8080 μModule regulator: https://www.analog.com/en/education/education-library/videos/6322084180112.html
- Connect with engineers and ADI power product experts on EngineerZone™, an online technical support community: https://ez.analog.com/power/
The LTM8080 µModule regulator’s integrated Silent Switcher architecture minimizes EMI emissions and enables the device to pass CISPR22 Class B and CISPR25 Class 5 without an input filter. The adjustable switching frequency (200 kHz to 2 MHz) and selectable operation modes minimize the risk of frequency interference for very low noise instrumentation and high speed/high precision signal chain applications.
LTM8080 Additional Features:
- Dual 500 mA or Single 1 A Output Current
- Output Voltages: 0 V to 8 V
- Voltage Tracking Function to Minimize Power Loss
- 100 μA SET Pin Current with ±1% Initial Accuracy
- Parallelable for Lower Noise and Higher Current
Pricing and Availability
|Price Each Per 1,000||Packaging|
|LTM8080EY#PBF||Now||$12.83||9mm x 6.25mm x 3.32mm BGA|
|LTM8080IY#PBF||Now||$14.11||9mm x 6.25mm x 3.32mm BGA|
About Analog Devices
Analog Devices, Inc. is a global semiconductor leader that bridges the physical and digital worlds to enable breakthroughs at the Intelligent Edge. ADI combines analog, digital, and software technologies into solutions that help drive advancements in digitized factories, mobility, and digital healthcare, combat climate change, and reliably connect humans and the world. With revenue of more than $12 billion in FY22 and approximately 25,000 people globally working alongside 125,000 global customers, ADI ensures today’s innovators stay Ahead of What’s Possible. Learn more at www.analog.com and on LinkedIn and Twitter.