LOUISVILLE, Colo. – March 31, 2016 – Keynotes at the 53rd Design Automation Conference (DAC) take place at the Austin Convention Center in Ballroom A. Keynotes start between 8:45 and 9:15am with exhibits opening at 10:00am Monday, Tuesday andWednesday. Keynotes are open to all attendees and exhibitors. DAC 2016 will be held at the Austin Convention Center in Austin, Texas, from June 5 – 9, 2016.
This year’s Keynote topics are:
- Monday: “Revolution Ahead – What It Takes to Enable Securely Connected, Self-driving Cars” by Lars Reger, NXP Semiconductors, Hamburg, Germany
- Tuesday Visionary Talk: “Learning from Life: Biologically Inspired Electronic Design” by Louis Scheffer, Howard Hughes Medical
- Tuesday: “Driving the Next Decade of Innovations in Visual and Accelerated Computing” by Sameer Halepete, NVIDIA Corporation, Santa Clara, CA
- Wednesday: “The Challenge to Develop Truly Great Products” by Mark Papermaster, Advanced Micro Devices, Sunnyvale, CA
- Thursday: “Learning and Multiagent Reasoning for Autonomous Robots” by Peter Stone, Univ. of Texas at Austin, TX
In addition to the keynotes, DAC 2016 will host four SKY Talks:
- Monday, 1:00pm DAC Pavilion: “Wireless Implantable Microsystems: Minimally Invasive Interfaces to the Brain” by Rikky Muller, Univ. of California, Berkeley & Cortera Neurotechnologies, CA
- Tuesday, 1:00pm DAC Pavilion: “RISC-V: Instruction Sets Want To Be Free” by Krste Asanovic, Univ. of California, Berkeley & SiFive, Inc., CA
- Wednesday, 1:00pm DAC Pavilion: “Security at Different Layers of Abstractions: Application, Operating Systems, and Hardware” by Bryan Payne, Netflix, Los Gatos, CA
- Thursday, 1:00pm Room 17AB: “Biological Electronics: Merging Life’s Transistors with the Solid-State” by Kenneth Shepard, Columbia Univ., New York, NY
Exact times and detailed descriptions of the Keynotes, Visionary Talk and SKY Talks are available here —https://dac.com/content/53rd-dac-keynotes-sky-talks
DAC offers outstanding training, education, exhibits and networking opportunities for hardware designers, researchers, software developers and tool vendors. Registration for the I Love DAC free three day pass sponsored by ATopTech, ClioSoft and One Spin is open now through May 18th. Advance conference registration is now open.
The Design Automation Conference (DAC) is recognized as the premier event for the design of electronic circuits and systems, and for electronic design automation (EDA) and silicon solutions. A diverse worldwide community of more than 1,000 organizations attends each year, represented by system designers and architects, logic and circuit designers, validation engineers, CAD managers, senior managers and executives as well as researchers and academicians from leading universities. Close to 60 technical sessions selected by a committee of electronic design experts offer information on recent developments and trends, management practices and new products, methodologies and technologies. A highlight of DAC is its exhibition and suite area, with approximately 200 of the leading and emerging EDA, silicon, and intellectual property (IP) companies and design services providers. The conference is sponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), the Electronic Design Automation Consortium (EDA Consortium), and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), and is supported by ACM’s Special Interest Group on Design.