- Cellio LoRa makes it simple and cost effective to wirelessly connect industry equipment to the network and report data from the field to you 24×365
- Includes connectivity, hardware, software, and cloud intelligence for asset mapping, supply chain, sales force and inventory management and ROI optimization
November 10, 2015 – Morrisville, North Carolina, USA
Device Solutions Inc today announced the availability of their new Cellio LoRa long-range low-power wireless network system for end-to-end automation and instrumentation in Factories, Farms, Warehouses, Transportation, Agriculture, and many other industries.
Cellio wireless gateways and transceivers use LoRa (Long Range radio, approximately 1 mile) to connect sensors and controllers wirelessly to the network. Gateway devices connect to internal and external networks, the internet, and cloud data systems via CDMA-Cellular, GSM-Cellular, or Wi-Fi 802.11bgn. This low cost and easy to install system enables companies to gain visibility into their operations and assets (sensors, instruments, equipment, location, usage, status, decision making, supply chain, operator indicators, etc.).
Cellio gateways can be used stand-alone or configured with transceivers to optimize architecture, data transmission, and connections. Cellio is suited for single locations as well extensive enterprise configurations where there may be upwards of millions of sensors and controls connected to equipment across the continent. Partnered with cellular carriers, back-end cloud platforms, sensor instrumentation companies, and technology core companies – full enterprise-level-solution installations can be quick, easily scaled, and very affordable.
“As an industrial grade IoT software platform provider, we often find ourselves working with clients to connect their next generation products which can take, in some cases, years to make it to market. The Cellio LoRa System integrates the basic building blocks to an end-to-end IoT solution, dramatically reducing the many technical risks and yet enabling unlimited customization for well-defined problems. Partnering with Device Solutions has changed our dialogue with clients from big picture strategy and technology evaluations to targeted business cases and production rollout – literally applying IoT to solve real world problems, now,” said David Houghton, Director, Bright Wolf, LCC.
The Cellio LoRa family of wireless devices includes three distinct and configurable product options:
1. Gateways – CDMA-Cellular, GSM-Celluar, or Wi-Fi connections to the network utilize a 900MHz LoRa radio to connect a network of transceivers for data capture and control. Each gateway can cover over 3 square miles containing hundreds of widely dispersed transceivers.
2. Transceivers – up to 16 general-purpose inputs/outputs (GPIO) support connecting up to 16 sensors or controls per transceiver. The transceivers use a 900MHz LoRa radio to connect through gateways to the network. Transceivers make the system incredibly flexible and cost competitive.
3. All-in-One Devices – these devices include CDMA-Cellular, GSM-Cellular and/or Wi-Fi radios, the 900MHz LoRa radio, and 16 GPIO’s. These are perfect for maximizing tracking, sensing, controlling, and communicating with assets throughout the enterprise.
“Cellio LoRa is essentially a black box to connect most anything to the network and the network to most anything,” explains Bob Witter, CEO and Founder of Device Solutions. “Driven by customer requests, Cellio is sensor and controller agnostic as well as back-end data hosting/cloud agnostic. This allows maximum flexibility on costing and configuration for enterprises of all shapes and sizes.”
How Much: Depending on the installation configuration, pricing can be based on an all-inclusive monthly service, an all upfront hardware cost, or combination of the two. Typically the hardware is in the low $100’s for the devices, sensors, and installations while the monthly amounts can be sub $10 for each device that is monitored or controlled. If a facility already has sensors and controllers in place, Cellio can be used to wirelessly connect them to the network and make the data quickly and easily accessible for dashboard views and back-end data systems for supply chain, sales force and inventory management optimization.
Cellio LoRa cellular gateways include GPS capabilities that can be used to track the location of both stationary and mobile assets (vehicles, equipment, generators, etc.). The Cellio enclosures are designed for environmentally demanding applications (industrial, agricultural, farming, transportation, mining, and many others).
About Device Solutions and Cellio
Device Solutions is led by Bob Witter, Chris Lamb and Keith Anderson and committed to providing wireless and mobile device consulting, design, and development for embedded products. In its 12-year history, Device Solutions has successfully created many products that impact daily life. Examples of products on the market include: a mechanism to control a car’s ignition through breathalyzer, wireless utility monitoring, an implanted heart device that serves those awaiting transplant, wearable electronics, and a non-interventional wristband to aid children with autism and ADHD. In 2012, the partners decided to invest in Cellio, an IoT/M2M/IIoT product, which simplifies connecting most any sensor or controller to the network. Cellio is designed to address the unique requirements identified across the variety of industries needing to monitor and control remote assets.