MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., – August 5, 2013 – CEVA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CEVA), the leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) platform solutions and DSP cores, today announced the availability of a new Application Developer Kit (ADK) for the CEVA-MM3000 imaging and vision platforms. The ADK was developed in-house and serves to substantially simplify the overall software development experience, shortening the product design cycle and providing significant memory bandwidth and power consumption savings. CEVA’s imaging experts utilized the ADK to develop its new low power Digital Video Stabilizer (DVS) software module, which was also announced today in a separate press release.
Erez Bar-Niv, CTO of CEVA, commented: “Our multimedia product offerings leverage the full breadth of engineering expertise at CEVA, bringing together our processor, algorithm and tools engineering teams to deliver the most robust, end-to-end IP platform for developing advanced computational photography, computer vision and augmented reality applications in the industry. Following several major customer design wins, the growing community of developers creating software for our CEVA-MM3000 platforms is constantly seeking ways to simplify the software development flow in increasingly complex systems environments. The CEVA Application Developer Kit successfully addresses these challenges, bringing new levels of efficiency and productivity for software developers, including those who are traditionally used to working at the CPU level.”
The CEVA Application Developer Kit (ADK) includes the following tools:
- CEVA-CV™ – a standard library of more than 600 programming functions for computer vision processing, based on OpenCV and fully optimized for the CEVA-MM3000 platforms. CEVA-CV enables developers to use pre-optimized standard OpenCV kernels for their target application, resulting in quick time-to-market and optimal performance metrics. For example, CEVA’s DVS module leverages a number of these functions, including Harris Corner, KLT feature detection, RANSAC, Kalman and Affine Transform.
- SmartFrame™ – a software tool designed to handle all of the system resource requirements, including data transfers, DMA transactions and the execution of kernels, thereby abstracting the system architecture and automating frame handling for the application developer. The SmartFrame tool also supports kernel tunneling, whereby multiple functions can be linked together, minimizing memory bandwidth and overall system power consumption.
- Real-Time OS (RTOS), Scheduler – A DSP task management and scheduling software module, handling task prioritization and task switching.
- CPU-DSP Link – a set of communication channels and system drivers for both the CPU and DSP platforms, which completely abstracts the CPU-DSP interface for the programmer. Automatic task offloading from the CPU to the DSP occurs through this Link.
- CV API – software APIs on the CPU for a wide range of computer vision functions, including the CEVA-CV library, enabling the CPU programmer to easily utilize any module running on the DSP, while completely abstracting it.
To address specific customer requirements, these tools are delivered in source code format to CEVA licensees, allowing further customization and modifications.
The Application Developer Kit (ADK) is available for CEVA-MM3000 platform licensees today.
About CEVA, Inc.
CEVA is the world’s leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) DSP cores and platform solutions for the mobile, portable and consumer electronics markets. CEVA’s IP portfolio includes comprehensive technologies for cellular baseband (2G / 3G / 4G), multimedia (vision, imaging and HD audio), voice processing, Bluetooth, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and Serial ATA (SATA). In 2012, CEVA’s IP was shipped in over 1.1 billion devices, powering smartphones from many of the world’s leading OEMs, including HTC, Huawei, LG, Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Sony, TCL and ZTE. Today, more than 40% of handsets shipped worldwide are powered by a CEVA DSP core. For more information, visit www.ceva-dsp.com. Follow CEVA on twitter at www.twitter.com/cevadsp.