As the mobile industry is coming together at Mobile World Congress 2022 in Las Vegas, it becomes clear that 5G is already all around us. The technology is being rolled out with unprecedented speed of adoption in devices, mobile network infrastructure and network deployment. As 5G enters the mainstream, device and network equipment manufacturers are looking for purpose-built test equipment to scale with while meeting their business needs. Rohde & Schwarz exhibits leading-edge 5G test solutions to meet said needs at MWC Las Vegas.
Rohde & Schwarz provides leading-edge test and measurement solutions for the complete 5G ecosystem and all its lifecycle stages – from R&D to manufacturing of devices and infrastructure equipment to acceptance testing – and across all the necessary stages for a network operator. Visitors to Mobile World Congress Las Vegas can experience a variety of the Rohde & Schwarz test innovations at the Las Vegas Convention Center, level 1, booth W2.920 from September 28 to 30, 2022.
New challenges – new solutions
Rohde & Schwarz test solutions continue to evolve along with the wireless technologies. As 5G reaches maturity, test solutions that are flexible, purpose-built and future-proof take center stage at Mobile World Congress Las Vegas 2022:
– The new R&S CMX500 one-box tester combines flexibility and superior performance in a single instrument. As a highly-integrated test platform, users can test 5G mobile devices and chipsets in all possible 5G NR network deployments and frequency ranges, including FR1, FR2 and LTE bands.
– Over-the-air testing is critical for testing 5G NR devices that work at millimeter wave frequencies. The R&S ATS800R 5G NR mmWave test chamber, with its small footprint, wide frequency range, flexibility and broad range of extension options, provides a future-proof environment for FR2 testing needs.
– The R&S PVT360 is a single-box tester that combines a vector signal generator (VSG) and a vector signal analyzer (VSA) in one instrument. With comprehensive test routines according to 3GPP requirements, it is designed specifically for testing small cell infrastructure equipment operating in the FR1 Frequency range.
– The R&S CMP200 is a non-signaling solution for FR2, with its ultrafast measurement speed and parallel testing of multiple DUTs in the lab or in production, is ideal for UWB and FR2 small cell testing.
– The R&S CMP180 radio communication tester enables testing of new wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi 6E, Wi-Fi 7 and many more. With twice the number of analyzers (2xVSA), generators (2xVSG) and RF ports (2×8), users are able to make simultaneous measurements of different technologies and devices with a single-box tester.
– For private (and public) network testing, the R&S 5G Site Testing Solution (R&S 5G STS) offers all the required functional, RF and signaling tests for installing 5G campus network base stations and troubleshooting during operation.
The future of mobile
While 5G NR is being rolled out, Release 17 is bringing further 5G system enhancements – which in turn paves the way to 5G-Advanced (Release 18). A key aspect of 5G-Advanced will be artificial intelligence and machine learning models. Research is already emerging with dedicated projects and commitments around the industry. Scalable test solutions from Rohde & Schwarz meet the needs of fundamental research for these future technologies. The company’s industry experts are available to at the show booth to share their know-how on how to make the most of 5G today while preparing for 5G-Advanced on the path to 6G.
Rohde & Schwarz
The Rohde & Schwarz technology group is among the trailblazers when it comes to paving the way for a safer and connected world with its leading solutions in test & measurement, technology systems, and networks & cybersecurity. Founded more than 85 years ago, the group is a reliable partner for industry and government customers around the globe. On June 30, 2021, Rohde & Schwarz had around 13,000 employees worldwide. The independent group achieved a net revenue of EUR 2.34 billion in the 2020/2021 fiscal year (July to June). The company is headquartered in Munich, Germany.