October 3, 2019 – Mouser Electronics, Inc., the global electronic component distributor and sponsor of the Create the Future Design Contest, will join in recognizing the 2019 winners at a special awards reception and dinner in New York City on November 8. Mouser’s valued suppliers Intel® and Analog Devices, Inc. teamed with Mouser in sponsoring the 17th annual contest, produced by Tech Briefs Media Group, an SAE International Company.
“Mouser congratulates the 2019 Create the Future Contest winners, and we applaud all of the participants and their creative ideas. Part of Mouser’s mission is empowering innovation, so we are very excited to support this global design contest,” said Kevin Hess, Mouser Senior Vice President of Marketing. “Our world is witnessing incredible advancements in electronic design thanks to today’s innovators and engineers.”
Together with COMSOL and Tech Briefs Media Group, Mouser will award the $20,000 grand prize to the team at Vascular Perfusion Solutions (VPS), who developed ULiSSES™, a small, self-contained, disposable device for organ and limb transport.
Finalists were selected by senior editors at Tech Briefs Media Group, producer of the contest, and judged by an independent panel of design engineers. Judges awarded the following category winners, who received prizes from HP and other companies:
- Grand Prize — ULiSSES. A small, self-contained, disposable device for organ and limb transport, keeping both viable for more than 24 hours without loss of patient use suitability.
- Aerospace & Defense — The Foldable Drone. A drone equipped with a fully autonomous quadrotor relying solely on onboard visual-inertial sensors and compute.
- Automotive/Transportation — The World’s First Standalone AC Battery. A battery with a new type of electrode, the Biode, to enable an AC system for power storage to deliver batteries that have more capacity, last longer, and are safer.
- Consumer Products — Livox. An alternative communication software for non-verbal people with disabilities and people with learning impairments using machine learning and natural language processing.
- Electronics/Sensors/IoT — Simple, Cost-effective Sensor for Early Detection of Battery Faults. Sensor for detecting onset of battery faults, during charging and use, without negatively affecting battery performance.
- Medical — Cervical Stabilization Device (CSD). A cost-effective, non-invasive, medication-free, preventative treatment designed to support a successful and natural birth by addressing a wide range of conditions known to contribute to preterm birth.
- Manufacturing/Automation/Robotics — HPCI® Joining Gun. A Heat Press Cool-Integrative tool that enables direct metal-to-polymer joining in a fraction of a second.
- Sustainable Technologies — Wave2O™ – Clean Water from Ocean Waves. The world’s first wave-driven desalination system that can be deployed quickly, operate completely “off-grid” and supply large quantities of clean, fresh water at a competitive cost.
The Create the Future Design Contest brings attention to product designs that enhance quality of life, improve the efficiency and quality of healthcare or help to reduce dependence on nonrenewable energy sources. The contest was created in 2002 by the publishers of Tech Briefs magazine to help stimulate and reward engineering innovation. For more information, go to www.mouser.com/createthefuture.
With its broad product line and unsurpassed customer service, Mouser strives to empower innovation among design engineers and buyers by delivering advanced technologies. Mouser stocks the world’s widest selection of the latest semiconductors and electronic components for the newest design projects. Mouser Electronics’ website is continually updated and offers advanced search methods to help customers quickly locate inventory. Mouser.com also houses data sheets, supplier-specific reference designs, application notes, technical design information, and engineering tools.
About Mouser Electronics
Mouser Electronics, a subsidiary of TTI, Inc., is part of Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. Mouser is an award-winning, authorized semiconductor and electronic component distributor focused on rapid New Product Introductions from its manufacturing partners for electronic design engineers and buyers. The global distributor’s website, Mouser.com, is available in multiple languages and currencies and features more than 5 million products from over 750 manufacturers. Mouser offers 26 support locations around the world to provide best-in-class customer service and ships globally to over 630,000 customers in 223 countries/territories from its 750,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility south of Dallas, Texas. For more information, visit www.mouser.com.