- Product supports 4×4 MIMO and inter and intra-band Uplink carrier aggregation (CA) to enhance data speeds particularly for Enterprise networking and Video surveillance like applications
- Support for band 14 for U.S. first responder network public safety products and brand-new life-saving applications
- Support for Citizens Broadband Radio System (CBRS) and License Assisted Access (LAA) enhance performance inside campuses, small cells and buildings utilizing the technology to augment cellular service
London, February 22, 2018 – Telit, a global enabler of the Internet of Things (IoT), today announced the LM960, world’s first global full-size PCI Express Mini Card (mPCIe) for enterprise routers and appliances. The global, 23-band product, supporting LTE Advanced Category 18 (Cat 18) with download speeds of up to 1.2Gbps and 5-band fallback to 3G, will be available in select markets in third quarter of 2018, according to ongoing mobile network deployments of Cat 18 service*.
For more information, visit http://info.telit.com/mobilebroadband.
The first product in industry in the mPCIe form factor to support Cat 18, the rugged LM960 delivers significant flexibility and a competitive edge to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) looking to quickly deploy next generation products delivering carrier broadband-like user experience. The new LM960 is a sibling product of the Cat 11 LM940 and the 2 products are fully interchangeable. This provides OEMs the opportunity to create new products based on designs already using the LM940, or to create product families in different grades of performance based either on the LM960 for high end, or the LM940 for mid-market.
As the LTE standard evolves and matures, router and gateway OEMs can leverage the technology not only for high download bandwidth and near instant network response times but also for solid upload speeds and reliability as applications like high definition video streaming, digital signage, all-cellular commercial and enterprise internet and software defined wide area network (SD-WAN) access become increasingly more sophisticated.
“By bringing 5G-like performance to the market with the LM960, we are making it easier not only for customers looking to innovate in 1Gbps applications enabled by the new LM960 but also for customers across all industries and application areas,” said Manish Watwani, vice president global product marketing, Telit. “Telit continues to boast the broadest and most respected and globally supported portfolio of IoT modules, data cards, data plans, platforms and professional services for enterprise IoT adopters making vendor selection easy in an already crowded industry.”
“We are pleased to work with Telit to deliver the power and flexibility OEMs need to address a broad range of commercial and industrial applications in an increasingly connected world,” said Gautam Sheoran, senior director, product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “The Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X20 modem will power a variety of products to function in a diverse set of operator deployments worldwide, while maximizing their global reach and scalability.”
“Band 14 support will not only facilitate use by first responder agencies in conjunction with the public safety network but will also benefit customers more broadly when the spectrum is not in use by first responders,” said Sam Lucero, senior principal analyst, IoT, for IHS Markit, a global business information provider.
Additional Technical Features of the LM960:
- LTE Category 18
- 5x Carrier Aggregation for increased data rates
- Up to 1200 Mbps DL w/5x Carrier Aggregation, 4×4 MIMO and 256 QAM
- Up to 150 Mbps UL w/ 64QAM and UL Carrier Aggregation
- LTE FDD Bands : B1, B25(B2), B3, B66(B4), B26(B5), B7, B8, B12(17), B13, B14, B20, B28, B29(DL), B30, B32(DL), B71
- LTE TDD Bands: B38, B39, B40, B41, B42, B46(DL), B48
- 3G Bands: B1, B2, B4, B5, B8
- USB 3.0
- Quad-constellation integrated GNSS
- Popular mPCIe form factor (50.95 x 30 x 2.8 mm)
- Temperature range: -40 to 85° C
- Linux and Windows driver support
- Dual SIM Single Standby
For additional information and samples, visit http://info.telit.com/mobilebroadband.
* Coverage subject to Cat 18 network service rollouts.
Visit Telit – Embedded World 2018, Nuremberg, Germany, February 27 – March 1, 2018 Booth 3-539. To schedule a meeting at Mobile World Congress 2018, Barcelona, Spain,February 26 – March 1, contact us at www.telit.com/contact-us/
Telit (AIM: TCM), is a global leader in Internet of Things (IoT) enablement connecting the world from the inside out. The company offers the industry’s broadest portfolio of integrated products and services for IoT deployments – including cellular communication modules in all technologies, GNSS, Wi-Fi, short-to-long range wireless modules, IoT connectivity plans and IoT platform services. Through the IoT Portal, Telit makes IoT onboarding easy, reduces risk, time to market, complexity and costs for asset tracking, remote monitoring and control, telematics, industrial automation and others, across many industries and vertical markets worldwide.