DALLAS (Feb. 12, 2018) – Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced two families of wide-VIN synchronous DC/DC buck regulators with industry-leading electromagnetic interference (EMI) and thermal performance. The highly integrated 5-A and 6-A LM73605/6 and 2.5-A and 3.5-A LM76002/3 step-down voltage converters feature an optimized pinout and best-in-class thermal coefficient to simplify the process of achieving EMI compliance and higher reliability for rugged industrial and automotive power supplies. For more information, samples and evaluation modules, see www.ti.com/lm73605-pr.
The 3.5-V to 36-V LM73605/6 and 3.5-V to 60-V LM76002/3 buck regulators meet and exceed the demanding CISPR 25 Class 5 automotive electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements. These regulators’ programmable output switching frequency can be set either above the AM band, which eliminates AM-band interference and reduces output filter size and cost, or below the AM band to optimize efficiency. Watch the video to learn how to leverage TI’s online toolbox to tackle EMI.
The small QFN package with unique wettable flanks delivers an ultra-low thermal coefficient of 7.1ºC/W (ΨJB) to improve reliability and enables post-solder optical inspection to simplify manufacturing. Optimized package pin placement allows flexibility in board design to improve heat sinking, which minimizes radiated and conducted emissions. Watch the video to learn how to leverage TI’s online toolbox to tackle thermals.
Key features and benefits of the LM73605/6 and LM76002/3
- The new DC/DC converters provide up to 60-V operating input voltage range for nominal 12-V, 24-V or 48-V systems such as remote radio units, ultrasound scanners, motor drives, inverters and servo control units.
- The new regulators offer up to 92 percent full load efficiency at 12 VIN, 5 VOUT and 500 KHz switching frequency. Very low 15-µA standby quiescent current increases light load efficiency.
- The automotive-grade LM76002-Q1, LM76003-Q1, LM73605-Q1 and LM73606-Q1 support compact automotive applications such as the infotainment head unit and front/surround-view cameras used for autonomous driving.
Support and tools speed designs
- Read a blog post about how the LM73605 can provide a variable output voltage in an inverting buck-boost topology.
- Speed up the design process with TI’s WEBENCH® online design tools and download a reference design:
- Order the evaluation modules:
Packaging, pricing and availability
Offered in a 30-pin, 4-mm-by-6-mm WQFN package, the LM73605 and LM73606 are priced in small reels at US$2.93 for 1,000-unit quantities, and the LM76002 and LM76003 are priced at US$2.88. All products are available now through the TI store and authorized distributors.
Find out more about TI’s power portfolio
- Get more information on TI’s DC/DC switching regulators and all of TI’s power management products.
- See all of the power designs in TI’s reference design library.
- Search for solutions, get help and share knowledge in the TI E2E™ Community Power Management forum.
About WEBENCH tools from Texas Instruments
The WEBENCH Designer and Architect component libraries include more than 40,000 components from 120 manufacturers. TI’s distribution partners update price and availability hourly for design optimization and production planning. Offered in eight languages, users can compare complete system designs and make supply-chain decisions in minutes.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog integrated circuits (ICs) and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping approximately 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.