NUREMBERG, GERMANY – February 27, 2018 – embedded world, Hall 4, Stand 325 – Green Hills Software, the global leader in high-assurance real-time operating systems and virtualization, announced today its safe and secure INTEGRITY® real-time operating system (RTOS) and supporting products/services portfolio for the R-Car D3 automotive system-on-chip (SoC) for graphical instrument clusters from Renesas Electronics. The highly integrated high-performance platform combines the trusted ASIL-certified INTEGRITY RTOS and development tools with the high-performance 64-bit R-Car D3 and its Open GL 3D graphics acceleration from the Power VR® Series 8XE graphics processing unit (GPU) from Imagination Technologies. Carmakers and their Tier 1 suppliers can now create rich and smooth graphics-intensive human machine interfaces (HMI) for automotive infotainment and instrument clusters on the safe and secure INTEGRITY run-time foundation.
For more than two decades customers have relied on Green Hills Software’s functional safety expertise at building high-performance, highly reliable and safe solutions. As the market and industry-leader in real-time operating systems for digital and reconfigurable instrument clusters, Green Hills continues to expand coverage for leading automotive embedded processors, including the complete Renesas R-Car Family of SoCs based on the 64-bit Arm®v8-A processor architecture. The INTEGRITY solution for the R-Car D3 builds on years of successful partnership with Renesas to enable customers with the most complete, most widely adopted, and fully certified functional safety solution for automotive infotainment and HMI available. The wide-ranging benefits of the Green Hills INTEGRITY solution include safe consolidation of multiple processors and accelerators, less expensive bill of materials, faster time-to-certification and trusted run-time determinism.
The Renesas R-Car D3 includes a 3D graphics core that enables high-performance human-machine interface (HMI) and realizes significantly reduced system development cost equivalent to those of existing 2D cluster systems.
“The increasing use of highly integrated, complex graphical systems in automotive demanded a high-performance solution with basic levels of functional safety,” said Amrit Vivekanand, Vice President, Automotive Systems Business Division, Renesas Electronics Corporation. “The combination of our R-Car D3 SoC with the Green Hills solution allows our customers to meet the stringent software requirements from automotive OEMs. The high quality of support from Green Hills to our customers facing functional safety requirements complements Renesas’ own strengths in this area, ensuring our customers get to market faster and more seamlessly than with other solutions.”
Customers have a comprehensive set of Green Hills capabilities to build from with the Green Hills solution for the R-Car D3:
- INTEGRITY RTOS, the gold standard run-time foundation for safety/security critical software in automotive. Performance-focused support for the Arm 64-bit cores leverages NEON SIMD and hardware virtualization.
- As an optional future feature, the INTEGRITY Multivisor™ secure virtualization extension safely runs guest operating systems such as Linux and Android alongside real-time critical applications, assuring freedom from interference with near-native speed performance, inter-process communication and sharing of hardware resources such as the GPU.
- MULTI® 64-bit integrated development environment (IDE) and debugger, safety-qualified Green Hills C/C++ Optimizing Compilers and 64-bit toolchain, profiler and many other integrated time-saving tools.
- Integrated code quality tools including MISRA C/C++ code quality adherence checker and DoubleCheck™ static analyzer.
- Multicore run-control, board bring-up, low-level debugging and real-time trace debugging with the Green HiIls Probe and SuperTrace™ Probe utilizing industry-standard CoreSight™ from Arm.
- Embedded Cryptographic Toolkit with FIPS 140-2 compliant services that secure embedded devices through secure boot, secure data storage, secure networks (SSL, TSL, IPSec, SSH) and digitally signed secure OTA firmware updates.
- Cloud-based Device Lifecycle Management (DLM) manages secure credentials throughout the manufacturing supply chain, even over untrusted networks.
- Proven partner ecosystem spanning graphics, networking, connectivity, encryption, application modeling and all aspects of embedded device development and deployment.
- Services for safety/security certifications, system performance and programmer productivity.
The INTEGRITY RTOS and comprehensive MULTI development environment for the Renesas R-Car D3 are available today. The solution is demonstrated in the Green Hills booth at the embedded world exhibition in Hall 4, Stand 325.
About Green Hills Software
Founded in 1982, Green Hills Software is the largest independent software vendor for the Internet of Things (IoT). In 2008, the Green Hills INTEGRITY®-178 RTOS was the first and only operating system to be certified by NIAP (National Information Assurance Partnership comprised of NSA & NIST) to EAL 6+, High Robustness, the highest level of security ever achieved for any software product. Our open architecture integrated development solutions address deeply embedded, absolute security and high-reliability applications for the military/avionics, medical, industrial, automotive, networking, consumer and other markets that demand industry-certified solutions. Green Hills Software is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, with European headquarters in the United Kingdom. Visit Green Hills Software at www.ghs.com.