SANTA CLARA, CA — October 25, 2017 — Arm® TechCon, Booth #720 — Green Hills Software, the global leader in high-assurance real-time operating systems and virtualization, today announced the immediate availability of the safe and secure INTEGRITY® real-time operating system (RTOS) and supporting products/services portfolio for Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC from Xilinx. The combined platform brings the software programmability of a 64-bit processor and the hardware programmability of an FPGA to the trusted INTEGRITY run-time foundation for customers creating compute-intensive applications for automotive intelligence, industrial vision and defense.
Green Hills Software pioneered 64-bit safe and secure computing for the embedded industry, and continues to expand coverage for leading embedded processors, including SoCs coupled with FPGA. INTEGRITY enables software teams to safely and securely run software of different levels of criticality on the same processor while guaranteeing software tasks the system resources they need. The wide-ranging benefits include safe consolidation of multiple processors and accelerators, less expensive bill of materials, faster time-to-certification and trusted run-time determinism.
The Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC is an innovative combination of Arm 64-bit cores and FPGA fabric, enabling the software programmability of a processor with hardware programmability of an FPGA, yielding high system performance, flexibility and scalability when compared to SoC-only designs. The UltraScale+ MPSoC combines quad 64-bit Arm Cortex®-A53 cores and dual Cortex-R5 cores, GPU, power management, lock-step mode, H.265/H.264 video encode/decode and a wide gamut of high-speed communication peripherals.
“We’re pleased to see mutual customers already using Green Hills solutions for the UltraScale+ MPSoC,” said Simon George, Director Embedded Software Marketing at Xilinx. “For many years, our customers have trusted the INTEGRITY RTOS and Xilinx combination for their performance-critical designs that require safety and security. The complementary strengths of UltraScale+ MPSoC and INTEGRITY are perfect for demanding applications in next-generation ADAS, industrial vision and defense applications.”
Starting with today’s base support for Xilinx’s reference platform, customers have a comprehensive set of Green Hills capabilities to build from for their custom products based on the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC:
- INTEGRITY RTOS, the gold standard run-time foundation for safety/security critical software in industrial, avionics, medical, automotive and railway. Performance-focused support for the Arm 64-bit Cortex-A53 cores leverages NEON SIMD and hardware virtualization.
- As an optional future feature, the INTEGRITY Multivisor™ secure virtualization extension safely runs guest operating systems such as Linux and Android alongside real-time critical applications requiring safety and security, assuring freedom from interference with native speed performance and inter-process communication.
- MULTI® 64-bit IDE and debugger, record-setting Green Hills C/C++ Optimizing Compilers and 64-bit toolchain, profiler and many other integrated time-saving tools.
- Integrated code quality tools including MISRA C/C++ code quality adherence checker and DoubleCheck™ static analyzer.
- Multicore run-control, board bring-up, low-level debugging and real-time trace debugging with the Green HiIls Probe and SuperTrace™ Probe utilizing industry-standard CoreSight™ from Arm.
- Embedded Cryptographic Toolkit with FIPS 140-2 compliant services that secure embedded devices through secure boot, secure data storage, secure networks (SSL, TSL, IPSec, SSH) and digitally signed secure OTA firmware updates.
- Cloud-based Device Lifecycle Management (DLM) manages secure credentials throughout the manufacturing supply chain, even over untrusted networks.
- Proven partner ecosystem spanning graphics, networking, connectivity, encryption, application modeling and all aspects of embedded device development and deployment.
- Services for safety/security certifications, system performance and programmer productivity.
The INTEGRITY RTOS and comprehensive MULTI development environment for the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC are available today.
About Green Hills Software
Founded in 1982, Green Hills Software is the largest independent software vendor for the Internet of Things (IoT). In 2008, the Green Hills INTEGRITY-178 RTOS was the first and only operating system to be certified by NIAP (National Information Assurance Partnership comprised of NSA & NIST) to EAL 6+, High Robustness, the highest level of security ever achieved for any software product. Our open architecture integrated development solutions address deeply embedded, absolute security and high-reliability applications for the military/avionics, medical, industrial, automotive, networking, consumer and other markets that demand industry-certified solutions. Green Hills Software is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, with European headquarters in the United Kingdom. Visit Green Hills Software at www.ghs.com.