PHOENIX – May 14, 2018 – Avnet (NASDAQ: AVT), a leading global technology company, will be showcasing its connected ecosystem this week at Internet of Things (IoT) World 2018, May 14-17 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, Calif. The Avnet ecosystem is an expansive network of owned companies, services, solutions and partners that provides more than two million customers with the tools and resources they need to bring their IoT projects to market.
As the title sponsor of the conference for the second consecutive year, Avnet will display its smart IoT solutions at Booth #401 with interactive demos for industry, retail and healthcare applications. Avnet also will demo the recently announced Microsoft Azure Sphere, a new solution for creating highly-secured, internet-connected microcontroller powered devices. Avnet is Microsoft’s lead partner for Azure Sphere and the first to distribute the product.
“At Avnet, we operate at the forefront of IoT, focused on breaking down barriers to technology adoption and empowering engineers around the world to bring their innovations to life. From our unique IoTConnect Platform, to our element14 community’s design challenges, and Dragon Innovation’s Product Planner, Avnet offers an unmatched ecosystem of products and services to help customers overcome obstacles related to IoT,” said Lou Lutostanski, Avnet’s vice president global IoT. “IoT World presents a unique opportunity for us to meet with engineers, designers and inventors to share our vision and solutions to enable IoT and transforming the way business is done.”
Avnet will conduct the following product demonstrations at IoT World:
- Smart Solutions: Avnet will showcase its design, build, cloud and digital capabilities with solutions that incorporate technology from partners Intel, Microsoft, Infineon, Renesas,Digi International (Digi), ST, Laird, Microchip, NXP, Trusted Objects, Dell and AT&T. There will be three hands-on experiences at the booth, including solutions for the industry, retail and healthcare verticals.
- Microsoft Azure Sphere: Currently available from Avnet, Microsoft Azure Sphere’s software delivery model and Visual Studio development tools deliver productivity and dramatically optimize the process of developing and maintaining apps on their devices. It offers a new approach of developing with an integrated debugger and advanced collaboration tools.
- eUICC/Idemia: The Avnet eUICC (embedded Universal Integrated Circuit Card) is a world-first solution that manages the complex process behind on-boarding new cellular carriers by allowing SIM cards to be reprogrammed and managed remotely. Idemia provides the administration platform for the eUICC.
- AT&T IoT Starter Kit 2nd Generation: Powered by AT&T IoT Services, the latest AT&T IoT Starter Kit is an innovative System-on-Module solution that provides a complete development environment for both prototyping and production of sensor-to-cloud applications and services.
Additionally, a team of Avnet experts will present during the following sessions:
- “IoT in Action: De-risking IoT for Market Deployments”
Tuesday, May 15, 8:50 a.m. – 9:10 a.m. PDT
During the opening keynote, Lou Lutostanski, vice president global IoT, will discuss how businesses can overcome the challenges and risks in IoT deployment. He will also outline the role of the solutions provider in aligning the partner ecosystem for success.
- “Effective Integration of IT and OT in IoT Deployments”
Wednesday, May 16, 10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
As part of the Key Challenge Panel series, Philippe Fremont, Avnet vice president of IoT Europe, will discuss the barriers to widespread IoT adoption and provide real market experience on bridging the divide between information and operational technology.
- “Design to Deploy: IoT Product from Inception to Production”
Wednesday, May 16, 2:30 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Vandana Lokeshwar, Avnet director of IoT design and partner ecosystem, will discuss the key steps in bringing products to market, from idea to design, development and delivery, as well as combining hardware with cloud services and IoT applications to reduce cost, reduce time to market, and increase revenue.
- “When Stars Align: The Time for Transformation is Now”
Thursday, May 17, 9:10 a.m. – 9:20 a.m.
In a brief talk, Michael Lamp, director of Avnet America’s IoT business development, will present the ingredients for successful IoT-driven transformation including how alignment safeguards budgets, schedules and expectations.
Avnet booth #401 will be open during IoT World exhibit hours:
- Tuesday, May 15, from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 16, from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Thursday, May 17, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.