- Arm announces new suite of IP for premium mobile experiences
- New client IP platform solutions includes CPU, GPU, and video processor technology built to increase productivity, immersive AR/VR and gaming, AI/ML, and UHD 8K viewing
- CPU design delivers 35 percent more performance year-over-year
Over the last five years, Arm has seen CPU performance on smartphones increase an average of 20+ percent every year without compromising battery life. However, the same cannot be said for laptops, which have struggled to adapt to a slowing Moore’s Law over the last few years, delivering annual performance gains averaging only single-digit percentages while failing to enable any significant increases in battery life.
Today Arm is announcing a new premium client solution suite of Arm computing and multimedia IP that not only provides more opportunities for smartphone innovation but makes any gap in laptop performance a non-issue with a CPU design that delivers a staggering increase in year-over-year performance.
In my blog, I share more details on the new suite of IP, which includes:
- Arm Cortex-A76 CPU: New microarchitecture enabling 35 percent more performance year-over-year for increased productivity
- Arm Mali-G76 GPU: Untethered gaming and on-device machine learning (ML) with 30 percent higher efficiency and performance over previous generations
- Arm Mali-V76 VPU: Enabling UHD 8K viewing experiences across more devices