CAMARILLO, Calif., Feb. 14, 2017 ? Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq: SMTC), a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, today announced the latest family of load switches in its FemtoSwitch™ product platform. The new, ultra-low RDS(on) load switches are ideal for 5V, 15W USB Power Delivery (USB-PD) type-C port controller applications and other power rail switching applications, such as battery-powered portable electronics.
This product family extends Semtech’s FemtoSwitch platform of high-performance analog load switch ICs. It features slow, soft start when the switch is turned-on to limit the in-rush current. Its output pin provides an auto-discharge function for H-version products, and it is protected from overload faults with a 3A current-limit, as well as from over-temperature with a shutdown circuit.
“This expansion to our FemtoSwitch load switch platform enhances Semtech’s high performance, low power product portfolio,” said Francois Ricodeau, Product Line Manager for Semtech’s Power and High-Reliability Products Group. “By providing ultra-low RDS(on) load switches geared toward USB-PD type-C port controller applications, we are able to meet the demands of the fast-growing portable electronics market.”
Key Features of the Ultra-Low RDS(on) Load Switch Family
- Sophisticated integrated circuitry for ultra-low, 9m? RDS(on) to minimize voltage drop and energy dissipation across the switch
- Controlled soft start to limit in-rush current
- 3A continuous output current to protect from overload faults
- Over temperature protection
- Ultra-small 0.9mm x 1.4mm package
Pricing and Availability
The ultra-low RDS(on) load switches (SKU: SC33001A and SC33001AH) are available immediately in production quantities and are priced at $0.20 each in 1,000-piece lots. Semtech offers comprehensive design assistance, including field- and factory-based support. Datasheets, volume pricing, and delivery quotes, as well as evaluation kits and samples, are available at www.semtech.com/info.
About Semtech’s FemtoSwitch Products
Semtech offers high-performance analog load switches with industry-leading performance to control power to downstream systems. The extremely low RDS(on) of Semtech’s FemtoSwitch products translates to minimal power loss for any gated power supply rail. The FemtoSwitch platform is designed for superior reliability and ruggedness to ensure long operating life through the harshest environments and operating conditions possible.
- SC33001A product page: www.semtech.com/power-management/load-switch-ics/sc33001a
- SC33001AH product page: www.semtech.com/power-management/load-switch-ics/sc33001ah
- View all power management products: www.semtech.com/power-management.
- Contact Semtech’s customer service team for technical support or general product inquiries.
- Subscribe to Semtech’s e-newsletter Inside Circuit for quarterly product updates.
- Follow Semtech on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors for high-end consumer, enterprise computing, communications, and industrial equipment. Products are designed to benefit the engineering community as well as the global community. The Company is dedicated to reducing the impact it, and its products, have on the environment. Internal green programs seek to reduce waste through material and manufacturing control, use of green technology and designing for resource reduction. Publicly traded since 1967, Semtech is listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol SMTC. For more information, visitwww.semtech.com.